Monday, September 24, 2012

A Thrifty Makeover

Last week I discovered contact paper. It's now my favorite thing in the WHOLE world! I managed to salvage a couple of nearly-whole rolls that were going to be thrown in the trash and used them to cover the wooden benches in my sewing shed. Previously they were covered with fabric, not the most practical or cleanable finish... especially when the cats just LOVE to keep me company, leaving their pesky hair on everything!

Much better!

I am a firm believer in messy=creative

I also re-finished my sewing chair, and was about half way through it when I thought I should have taken a 'before' picture. Trust me though when I say it was UGLY!

Not anymore though....



For just the cost of a can of spray paint I have a brand new chair!The seat cover is made from fabric off my old sofa cushions and is an easily cleanable microfiber. Not too shabby, eh?

A pretty good weekend makeover!

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm - Loving the chair! Looking forward to spending a few hours in the shed in a couple of weeks xx

    ReplyDelete