Tuesday, July 24, 2012

A Bit of a Frill

Over the past month or so, both of my local Walmart stores have had huge deliveries of new fabrics and other items for the craft department (including a whole new embroidery section...with every color of DMC thread you can imagine for just 30c a skein!!!!).

I have had my eye on this fabric since first seeing it...


...with visions of long floaty summer skirts to wear over my favorite cowboy boots...

But at $13 a yard, these dreams are destined to remain just that; DREAMS! I did however decide to splurge on 1 precious yard to make some fancy boutique-style cushion covers for my 2 naked pillow forms that have been laying around since my trip to IKEA...... nearly a year ago. I know....I KNOW!

So I purchased a yard of the white frills and some heavy duty brown floral fabric for the backing (a bargain from the clearance section for just $2.50 a Yard!) and these two pretties whipped up in no time...


They remind me a little of something you might find in Anthologie or Urban Outfitters, but at a fraction of the price!  

Who the hell pays $90 for a cushion!

4 comments:

  1. They are lovely! Not even someone with an acute cushion addiction would pay $90, especially not a Tightwad!
    I like the shiny new blog Princess :0) (although I miss the old one too)
    Mrs T xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. An acute cushion addiction Vs A cute cushion addiction.... now there's something to ponder... PT x

      Delete
  2. Hi, Princess T, your mum asked me to pop by and say hello. 'Hello'. I certainly wouldn't pay all that money for a cushion. Your creations look very pretty. All the best with the new blog.
    Love from Mum
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mum! I think you'll have to be mum2 to avoid confusion! Thanks for stopping by, PT x

      Delete