Friday, July 27, 2012

Just in Case

A while ago, whilst rummaging in my local resale shop, I came across an upholstery sample book. I didn't really know what I would do with it, but the fabrics were lovely and it was $3.... I don't think I need more reasons?

The pieces of fabric are only around 6" x 12", so the perfect size to make pencil cases. These ones are made from the pieces of sample leather at the back of the book...


The embroidery thread is filling the holes left by the label that was originally sewn on there, and I had way too much fun matching thread colors to the zippers and lining for each case!


Everyone needs 5 pencil cases, right?

Truth be told, I dont have 5 pencil cases. These suckers are quick and easy to make and oh-so convenient to put stuff in...... so I have WAY MORE than 5!

No comments:

Post a Comment