Sunday, August 5, 2012

A Fountain of Ink

At high school whilst on a school trip to France, I bought two beautiful fountain pens from a French stationery store. They were beautiful pens that I dutifully used for several years and I am sorry to say that I don't know what happened to them. I hadn't written with a fountain pen for years, when thoughts of them popped into my head quite suddenly a few weeks ago.

A quick internet search found JetPens, a lovely online pen store based in California that specialize in Japanese pens, which are apparently some of the best in the world due to the intricacies required in writing the Japanese language.

I ordered a couple of fountain pens, a nice brush pen and some pencils and an eraser for good measure. You gotta take advantage of FREE shipping on orders over $25, right? The pens are just lovely. I dont know how I went for so long without a fountain pen! They really are an absolute dream to write with- not at all like the scratchy, ink splattering pens of yester-year.

Kinda makes me want to learn calligraphy..... Although after watching this video, I'm thinking I probably dont have the patience for it!

I guess I'll just stick to faux-lligraphy. That's a word, right?





 Thanks JetPens!

No comments:

Post a Comment