Saturday, August 11, 2012

A Present with a Past

Every now and then, you receive a 'life gift'. You know; something that you might be given for a birthday, or Christmas, that you know will be treasured until the end of your days. I was fortunate enough to be given such a gift for my birthday a couple of weeks ago.

A few things of note about this gift:
  • It came into existence in 1939
  • It was made in Scotland
  • It has traveled over 5000 miles to its current home
  • It is the second oldest thing I own
  • It weighs the same as an average 2 1/2 year old boy
  Curious?
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:




 Thanks Mom & Dad xxx

3 comments:

  1. You are most welcome, we're glad you liked it! Have to ask what the oldest 'thing' is though? Mum xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cookbook! It is not dated inside the book, but from what I have found online, that particular edition was published in the mid-20's x

      Delete
  2. I thought it might be that, couldn't think of anything older although I didn't know the date xx

    ReplyDelete