Thursday, August 2, 2012

A Smashing Good Find

Every since I was a little girl, I have been obsessed with stationery. Pens and paper of all kinds just make me happy. The only way this fascination has changed over the years is that now I'm an adult I can call it a 'hobby' or a 'collection'...


In keeping with my love of all things 'stationery', I like the concept of scrap booking. In fact, when I first had my camera, I optimistically bought an album kit to 'beautifully chronicle my life in photographs'. But you know what? The pressure to make it all look absolutely perfect meant I didn't actually do anything. Instead, I would occasionally look through the beautiful papers I had bought, sad that they were destined to live in the cupboard until I finally decided to give them away.

So when we were in Walmart the other day and I came across the SMASH books and associated lovelies, my spidey senses got all tingly. The first thing I saw was some black and white polka dot washi tape....... I was SOLD!


The whole idea of the Smash book is that it's the scrap-booking equivalent of the junk drawer. You just smush it all in there, with cute tape and notes made with your list pads, all glued down with your special glue-stick pen!





The book I bought is the "ECO Style" one, and is full of nature related prints and pictures.
 

I look forward to filling it with messy-beautiful stuff!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment